a blog discussing politics, stock markets, and calculus.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

CAKE!

I have realized I have to be extremely focused and motivated to start a blog-post. And I mean that exactly, START a blog-post. I have started many posts in my --short-- blogging history, and then realized five hours later after returning to my computer that I never finished it. What is the solution...complete it, right? Nope. My solution is "click the red 'x' in the upper right corner and maybe do it another day." I should have known this when I began the task of blogging with my history of concentration issues.
Every time I began a paper in college, I had to first arrange my desk. Ahh, but first, I had to find THE perfect desk in the library. Then I organized all by books or research, found the "perfect" pen to take notes, and got my ruler out to make sure my computer was equal distance from all sides of the desk (o.k., that one was a stretch). O.C.D., you may ask? More like avoidance. Trying to do anything but dive into some research and concentrate on a paper that would never be done! Well, after all my weird pre-paper rituals, I would eventually begin that paper and read, research, and write like nobodies business and FINISH a damn good paper. So, now I will take that confidence into my blogging ventures and perhaps inspire some readers like I did all my professors...hahaha, right...
So now as my house is silent, (besides the Nickel Creek softly playing in the background-- if you haven't heard of them, please do so immediately.) I will begin a post of a huge monument, Piper's First Birthday!

Piper's 1st Birthday
I can not believe how fast a year goes by these days. I frankly can not tell you what we even did this past year. I do know one thing, we were able to enjoy it with the sweetest child ever made (partiality is one thing parents acquire and can use at will). Piper is so many things; loving, cuddly, friendly, independent, but also timid. She makes me smile constantly and sometimes I miss her when she takes naps. Do I ever wake her up, H-no. At the same time, I cherish nap times (so i can BLOG!, riight...). Anyways, back to Piper. We decided to celebrate her 1st birthday with a quaint bar-be-que in our "backyard." We live in a townhouse and our yard consists of rocks, but we made it work and enjoyed having many of our friends and family in attendance! I find that when in doubt, just make sure there is a lot of food to entertain people, it works on me!

rob and janet came all the way from kansas! (a cute little red-headed kid may have inspired them as well...)













happy birthday song! notice, piper's WTF face.

she was being very dainty with her cake...
so mommy stepped in and showed her how it's done.
result: cake fists.














2 comments: