a blog discussing politics, stock markets, and calculus.

Thursday, September 6, 2012

A little visit

Ian and I tend to be a little spontaneous. Some would call us anti-planners. Potato - patato.  One of my closest friends from college is getting married in October and her bachelorette party was over Labor Day weekend in Las Vegas. I was planning on going, until everything in the universe happened to make it impossible. I was super bummed, as this was going to be my first time away from my kids. The first time in 2 1/2 years I was going to have a weekend alone. It was the light at the end of the tunnel for me. Well, as us moms do well, I quickly accepted the circumstances and only pouted about not being able to go for about 48 hours. Since it was a long weekend (4 days!) Ian and I did not want to sit around doing nothing. So, we decided to take a quick drive to Fort Collins to visit the sis and the rest of the Knecht's.

As is the usual, the weekend was a blur. With 8 kids and 2 dogs, the days fly by pretty fast and everything we touch turns into a disaster. We like to call our brood the "tazmanian devil." Restaurants are never the same after we leave. We gave up trying to make it look like we didn't completely destroy the table/floor a long time ago. If my memory serves me correctly, Jetta and Piper were tightwalking a bar-height table at one point while at Chipotle. Some would call that parental neglect...when in the presence of burritos, anything goes. We were also able to celebrate Hannah's birthday! Woohoo for sushi. I don't get sushi very often. I just don't trust sushi in the middle of the desert.

My camera didn't leave the car, but Hannah snapped a couple of great moments with all the kids. She is a talented photog and you should check out her blog and website! Not only that, but her email used to be "hlhfly@hotmail.com," take that as you will...



Here is a sneak peak of Willow's 1 Year pics! Her birthday isn't until October 2nd...the rest will come out then!




3 comments:

  1. These pictures are all adorable! I love them all. Those kids are sooooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and by 8 kids, I'm pretty sure it's safe to say you included Alex and Ian in that figure!! hahhaa....
    SO glad you made the "quick trip"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow. i did say 8 kids. suppose i should edit once in a while?!

      Delete