a blog discussing politics, stock markets, and calculus.

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Willow is ONE

WOW. This year flew by. Willow is such an incredible child. She is growing so fast and says something new every day. She is wily, spunky, sensitive, silly, beautiful, and the list goes on and on and on...

It's funny how a nickname evolves. It was Willie first, then Willie Billie, then Billie, then B's, then BB's...who knows? We just call her BB's most of the time.  She is a total momma's girls and she gets into EVERYTHING. I mop up the spilled dog water multiple times a day. Why don't I just move the dog's water, you may ask? I'm honestly not sure. As my sister would say, she is a meddler. She toddles around all day, completely tearing up the roll of toilet paper in the bathroom, pulling every book off of the bookshelf, gleefully unloading a drawer if I leave one open...all the while leaving a wake of stuff behind her.  She has finally decided she will sleep through the night in her own bed, sometimes. She is walking like a champ. In fact, she marched down the entire driveway tonight on our evening walk (our driveway is about a quarter mile long!) Her first word other than "mama" and "dada," was "dog." She is following in her sister's footsteps with that! She is a handful, but we wouldn't have it any other way. Willow is special to us. She has a way with people; she has the ability to just suck you in with one look. There is something about this child I can't describe. Ian and I have tried to describe to each other this "specialness," but we can't find the words. If I'm having a momemt, a snuggle from Willow is good medicine. I can tell she has a tender soul and will be and amazing sister and friend. For now I would just appreciate it if she would stop getting so big and just be my little BB's.

Her actual birthday was the 2nd. We were in Kansas visiting friends and family and I didn't update the blog for weeks. I'll dump my iPhone pics on the next post, since i forgot my camera and I have zero "real" pics from the entire trip. Errrggg.

Here are the pics my sister  (at Knecht Images) took about a month ago. Enjoi!










1 comment:

  1. So cute.. I love her one year old picts!! She sure is one sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete