a blog discussing politics, stock markets, and calculus.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

BIZ-Y


So, as you can tell from my utter and complete lack of blogging...we have been BUSY. I feel like the month of April was a whirlwind. We had multiple sets of family in town for two weeks in a row (something we hardly get and thoroughly enjoy!), Ian's 30th birthday, and we moved down the street. It was an easier move than usual, as it was literally next door: one building over, same unit. Our townhouse was under contract, so we had to get the heck out of dodge. I really like our neighborhood, it has everything we need, including a pool(uh, helllooo, ima be super preggo in about a month or two and a cold body of water will be vital to my survival during the heat that is a Las Vegas summer). So, as luck would have it, our neighbors were moving out, and I jumped on the open unit! We are mostly settled in, and this time, I get to paint! (stay tuned for our stripes project!)

As for the fun stuff...Ian turned 30 last month! He swears numbers don't matter and claims he will be a kid forever. I believe this as I hear a fart/poop joke at least 3 times a day and he is currently talking into his head phones as he plays some lame computer game. OH WELL...For this joyous occasion we were lucky enough to celebrate with some of our family! My sister and her family came from Colorado and Ian's brother Adam and his GF (or whatever) popped in from Kansas! It was a full house, but we managed! As is customary with every Knecht visit, we ate at In & Out multiple times!

A "fair" we went to. There was supposed to be funnel cakes, I'm still mad I didn't get a funnel cake.

Ian's 30th Birthday dinner with friends/fam!


The next week Ian's parents came in town from Kansas! His mom came out when Pipie was born, but it was a first for his dad! Luckily, it was a very relaxing visit, as we were fried from the previous visit! Did I mention that some insane, crazy, evil virus was attacking us all the while??! Yes, this thing spread like the plague. It was horrible. We all made the best of it and had a few good days where we were all mostly healthy. Having family in town reminds how much I miss Kansas. I miss having my friends and family close by, especially with our growing family!



All the activity took our minds off of our upcoming change. This month we face our first deployment. Being so busy kept us from dwelling on it, and now that it's less than a week away, reality is starting to set in...


We are proud of you Ian!

No comments:

Post a Comment