a blog discussing politics, stock markets, and calculus.

Monday, May 16, 2011

tears and stripes forever

OK, so the title is a LITTLE dramatic, but that is how I feel. I am posting about my stripes project to distract from the fact that I am doing lamaze exercises to avoid crying every 30 seconds. Deployment has officially began; details will be scant for security reasons. It is weird to come home to a quiet house and realize it will be that way for a bit. You notice weird things when the person you think about most is not around. For example: I found myself not road-raging home from work because I knew Ian wouldn't be there waiting when I got there...I hear it gets better. We are very proud that Ian is serving our country and is helping to protect us, even though we have to sacrifice our time together as a family. So, as to not cause an electrical shortage on the keyboard from tears, I will divert this post into a post about STRIPES.

We don't own the townhouse we are in, but it needed some help when we moved in. I have always wanted to try stripes on a wall and I originally was going to do them in Piper's bedroom. We decided to try them in the dining room instead, which we use more as an office/lounge/play area. It suits our needs. I am really happy with the results! As with ALL of my projects, they need some touching up, which will probably happen, UH, never.


I forgot to take a before of the stripes wall, but this is what it was before, a brickish-red (it's not quite as orange as it looks in the photo). No offense to the red-lovers out there, I am just not a fan. Unfortunately, the kitchen didn't get done before Ian left, so it will probably remain the same for a bit.


Completed stripes, and yes, I got rid of that hideous gold-plated disaster that is a light-fixture. I may or may not paint it black to match the kitchen and use it above the table...also note Ian's computer that looks like a transformer. Really makes the room, huh?


Still working on wall decorations, but this is it so far!


2 comments: