a blog discussing politics, stock markets, and calculus.

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Day 2

Epic Fail. I found a little microwave cart at a thrift store for $5 and thought it would work perfectly for a nightstand/bookshelf in Piper's room. It's the gross 90's laminate and it had plastic wheels on the bottom. I figured with a quick paint job and a fun-patterned back, it would be super cute. I have scored a couple of bed frames from thrift stores and need to repaint those as well. Eventually, when Willow is ready for a big girl bed, the girls will share a room. I want to paint their beds white, so I can change other decor around easily if I want. I have a couple of bright accents in her room now, and I wanted a pop of color, so I let her pick between turquoise and purple...she picked purple.

Well, enter using the wrong primer and trying to spray paint anyways...and you get the worst attempt at a paint job in the world. It also isn't quite the purple I was imagining...and I accidentally got glossy. I'm more of a satin finish fan.  Now I'm sharing this with you because we all mess up projects and get discouraged...but I am determined to finish what I start! So, for some comedic relief, I will leave you with the picture of the ugliest attempt at painting a shelf in the history of man-kind. I'll sand it down and try again tomorrow!

I forgot to take a picture before I started priming and I had already taken the wheels off.

dripping, peeling, ugly purple hot-mess.



1 comment:

  1. Find chalk paint... no sanding no priming! Although you might have a had time finding it in Alamogordo!

    ReplyDelete