a blog discussing politics, stock markets, and calculus.

Monday, November 12, 2012

Day 6 & 7

These projects are short and sweet!

Day 6:
Yesterday I made a chalkboard for the kitchen. It is super easy and I'm not sure why it took me this long to make one! I found large empty frame at a thrift store for $2.50, primed and painted it, cut some super thin plywood to fit, primed that sucker, then rolled the chalkboard paint on. I tacked the plywood on the back of the frame with some small nails, and boom -- a new chalkboard! I put it up in the kitchen so I can use it as a calendar or menu or whatever! Like I said before, the frame was $2.50, the chalkboard paint was $14, and I already had the green paint. All in all, $16.50, BUT I have a ton of chalkboard paint left-over...so I foresee many more chalkboards in my future...


Day 7:
Since we got the big room painted, I can finally put some stuff up on the walls! I decided to use some super simple picture frames I have to make a photo wall. I'm a sucker for linear design. I updated some pictures and busted out my level to make sure I did an A+ job on this! The absolute best part about this...it was FREE, today at least. I've had the frames for a while, but if my memory serves me correctly, they were about $2 or 3-something a piece from Walmart. They are actually diploma displays! Sorry for the glare, I tried shutting every blind, but I still got some glare. I'm also going to add another row or two on top, hopefully wally-world still carries these!

PS to family: send me an updated family pic, please!!


No comments:

Post a Comment