a blog discussing politics, stock markets, and calculus.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Day 8

I chose something super easy for today since we had a relatively busy weekend. By relatively, I mean we actually left the house. Ian is a total home body and I could be going 100 MPH at all times. We meet in the middle and do things here and there are on the weekend. He complains every time and then always has fun. I used to throw a fit and get mad trying to drag him out of the house. Now I just gently persuade and wait for his annoyance to wear off and we end up having a great time. I've also learned not to plan too many things in a row...I have to take what I can get! On the other hand, he has taught me to just relax and that doing nothing sometimes is doing something. It gives us all (the girls included) a chance to slow down and decompress. On that note...here is my super easy decorative "basket" project!

Step 1. find an old cardboard box to fit the space you need. I used a shoe box, but any 'ole box will do! I cut the top off and decided not to use it.
Step 2. find some fabric: buy it, re-use it, use a pillow case, a baby blanket, some old curtains, your husband's underwear! whatever!
Step 3. grab a glue gun. I'm sure super glue or even Elmers would work here!
Step 4. wrap your box! I wrapped it like a present to give it some "flare" on the sides. You could trim the sides to wrap it any way you want!

Now, I'm sure I saw this on one of the many DIY/crafter blogs and websites I peruse, but I don't know which one. I didn't come up with this, but I'm sure many people have shared it before. This project has the potential for being FREE! I don't have a sewing machine, so I don't keep a lot of fabric around. I did happen to buy this yard the other day, because it was on sale in the scrap basket. So for me, this project was $2.50! Woo to the Hoo. Way better than paying upwards of $10/basket! And it's an excuse to buy those new shoes you've been eyeing for the last 2 weeks. You can "upcycle" the box. Upcycling is ALL the rage.


and VIOLA!





3 comments:

  1. That's cute! I love the wheels on the tv stand!! And is that NAIL POLISH I see on your fingers?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, and the bio major in me loves your header!

    ReplyDelete