a blog discussing politics, stock markets, and calculus.

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Day 4 & 5

I did do a project yesterday...but after having a play-date in the morning, having lunch with a friend, cleaning up the house I've been ignoring for the last couple of days, and then making dinner and having wine...I fell asleep on the couch super early -- like a champ. Needless to say, I didn't write a post, but I did do something!

I found a couple of old 2x4s laying around the yard somewhere and thought they could make a cool sign of some sort. I washed them off and tacked them together on the back with some scrap wood and nails, luckily they were basically the same length. I grabbed some paint testers we have and decided on a light blue. I left some wood showing so it looked a little distressed. I tried to Pinterest some ideas for a phrase or something witty to put on it. You can see the outcome in the photo...honest people...is this cool or dumb. I need perspective! I'm still deciding where to put it...if anywhere! When it is up above the cabinets from some perspectives it look like it says, "FAT --->" HA!


For today's project, we painted the family room. It has had about 6 different paint colors slapped up on it for about 6 months. It was time. We struggled to decide what color to put up, obviously. At first we wanted something different than the rest of the house, maybe a green or blue or gray. Well, we couldn't find anything we liked...not even close. The fireplace is a presence and it was hard to find a color that went well. Today, when I couldn't handle the paint splotches all over the room, I ran by Lowes after yoga and came home with some paint...some tan paint. It looks good and now I can start to actually do something with that room! We did want to paint an accent wall across from the family room, the wall that goes upstairs, but it turned tan too! Ian did it. Maybe some day when we find a color we love we can repaint. It went pretty fast with Ian's amazing rolling skills. I just followed along and did the trim. It was actually a nice Saturday project together. He started the afternoon by blasting a playlist that included Lionel Ritchie, Metallica, Phil Collins, and Skrillex? Whatever makes the paint stick to the wall! Nothing too exciting going on it that room...YET. At least the walls are done! In total, I spent $27 on paint for the family room. All other supplies/paint I recycled from other projects. Not to shabby. And I have an easy, inexpensive project to share for tomorrow!

before


during. 


No comments:

Post a Comment